Ms. Ros Way
Our Principal's message
A warm welcome to our website, where you will find all the information you may want to know about our Education, Care and the services we offer.
Exeter Royal Academy for Deaf children provides day and residential education for students from the age of 3-17 within the school and from 16-25 within the college. Our curriculum has a strong focus on language (both British Sign Language and English), literacy, numeracy and is adapted to the needs of each student.
We value every learner as an individual. We celebrate their skills and uniqueness in order to ensure they develop:
- High self-esteem and confidence through a sense of belonging to a Deaf community and culture.
- A positive Deaf identity within a wide and diverse signing peer group.
- Full academic potential as a result of high expectations, specialist staff and an individualised, challenging curriculum.
- A positive and equal role in the wider community.
- Fluency in BSL and English as appropriate through our bilingual practice(both formally assessed)
- Independence and employability skills to confidently embrace adulthood.
I hope you will find everything you need to know about our school and college on this website but the only true way to experience life in our provision is to visit us.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more – you will be very welcome.
We look forward to meeting you.