37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Fixed term for one year with the possibility of an extension/permanent contract
Actual starting salary £8,000.00
Exeter Deaf Academy is about to embark on the most exciting chapter in its 190 year history as it prepares to build a world class new Academy in Exmouth.
This centre of excellence will change the lives of Deaf young people and their families.
Working under the direction of the Student Services Team Leader we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a keen interest in pursuing a career within Administration.
The successful candidate will receive sponsorship and support in achieving the Intermediate Business Administration Apprenticeship qualification provided by Exeter College.
• Liaise with teachers, parents and external professionals and (ensuring that reports and feedback is available in good time).
• Take minutes at meetings, compile and distribute reports.
• Enter key data in relation to student admissions, annual reviews, timetables, and assessments.
• Assist in maintaining accurate and comprehensive student records.
• Provide cover on Reception.
• The dedication and commitment to complete the qualification.
• GCSE’s at grade’s A-C including English and Mathematics.
• Ability to work as an effective team player.
• IT literacy in Excel and Word.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional telephone manner.
What we will offer:
• Weekly day release to attend tuition.
• 30 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff).
• Access to a Life Assurance and a Group Personal Pension scheme.
• Generous salary.
• Free car parking.
• A commitment to continued professional development.
For job description, click here
Closing date: 16 January 2018 at 12pm
Interview date: 25 January 2018
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
The Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff.
(Registered Charity No.1124523).