Salary £23,324.00 (fulltime 52 week role)
Exeter Deaf Academy ("the Academy") is a charity that provides essential specialist education and residential care to Deaf young people. We are at an exciting time in our history as we build a brand new world class Deaf Academy in Exmouth, Devon, due to open in April 2020. This facility will help our mazing Deaf students thrive. It will break down barriers to Deaf young people, bring communities together and enable families to thrive.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Academy for an IT Network Technician. You will suport the IT Manager in a number of key areas such as maintaining all IT Services throughout the Academy and ensuring IT systems are up-to-date and reliable. To enable this, you will also be rquired to procure, install, maintain & develop the Academy network & provide hardware, software support & training to teaching & support staff.
A British Sign Language qualification is not essential for this role as training will be provided.
- Supporting staff and students by providing solutions, in relation to IT based problems
- Providing support, advice & hands-on guidance to staff about the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Smart software and other software used across the Academy
- Supporting the IT Manager in the installation of IT hardware, software & network cabling
- Monitoring and maintaining the maximum performance of the IT network, fault logging, improving systems, advising and making recommendations to the Head of Department of system improvements
- Maintaining mobile devices in use across the Academy such as iPads and iPhones
- Assisting the IT Manager with server management/troubleshooting including central management of the mobile devices
- Knowledge and experience of Windows 10/Server 2012 software & networking
- Experience of network fault diagnosis
- Experience of testing and installing new software
- Good communicator with excellent inter-personal skills
- Professional and approachable manner
- Ability to work as well as part of a team
We will offer:
- Long term career development within a forward thinking and innovative organisation
- A commitment to continued professional development
- The opportunity to join a committed team of professionals working together to secure high achievement for all our students
- Group Personal Pension including 8% employee contribution
- Life Assurance
- 38 days annual leave per annum (includes bank holidays)
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- The chance to work within the vibrant city of Exeter, whilst having close access to Dartmoor National Park and the South Devon Coast
For a job application pack please e-mail: Human Resources department on email@example.com. Click here for the Job description & Personal Specification
Closing date for applications: Monday 8 July at 9am
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
The Academy is committee to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff
(Registered Charity No. 1124523)